|Posted by Liv Thomas on July 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM|
The lovely Henri Gyland asked me to take part in a series of blog posts about 'My Main Character', so may I introduce the very gorgeous Finn Mackenzie.
You can meet Henri's main character, Cora Mardell from her excellent nove, The Highwayman's Daughter, here:
Main Character blog
1. What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or historical? I think Finn MacKenzie is fictional. It's hard to tell when he's been part of our lives for so long.
2. When and where is the story set? In present-day Ireland, in Kilbrook, a fictional village in Co. Galway
3. What should we know about him? Enough to make you want to read the book. Finn is a six-footer, with soulful blue eyes and light brown, sun-streaked hair. He has long, thick lashes, strong arms, slim hips and long legs. Considering the amount of trauma he's had in his life, he's remarkably well-adjusted. He keeps his demons under control, and appears to everyone to be one of life's golden people. He has two older brothers, and a very sassy middle-aged aunt.
4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? He finds it hard to let go of the past, and is suffering both grief and guilt. Despite his obvious assets, he has low self-esteem and confidence.
5. What is the personal goal of the character? He'd like to succeed at his chosen career as an actor, but it's not as important as finding love and happiness, and actually believing that he deserves those things.
6. What is the title? Can we read more about it? An Irish Promise. http://www.amazon.co.uk/An-Irish-Promise-Isabella-Connor/dp/1781891796/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405453474&sr=8-2&keywords=an+irish+promise
7. When will the book be published? 7th November
I'm tagging Angela Britnell (aka Brilliant Britnell) to continue with the Main Character theme, so be sure to check her page..